Thursday, October 30, 2008

60 Seconds With A Living Hero of the Faith

Author, pastor, and theologian John Piper is one of my modern day heroes of the faith. I love his books, his teaching, and his ministry Desiring God. All of it has helped me to more fully grasp the message and heart of the gospel as well as to understand that the purpose of man is to be completely satisfied and happy with God as our supreme treasure in life. Dr. Piper opened my eyes to the beauty of Christian Hedonism. When my family found out John Piper had a Desiring God conference coming to Austin, we immediately decided to attend the event, giving up a debate Round Robin and my last cross-country meet of the season.

After all of that, do I even need I to expound on how special this picture is to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment