Saturday, May 27, 2006

The Wedding

Every little girl has a dream...a dream where she's the princess and her prince who she's waited for so long has finally come and he sweeps her off her feet to ride into the sunset and live happily ever after. But then that little girl grows up into a young lady. That desire to find a prince still burns in her heart, yet she knows that in the modern American culture today knights in shining armor are few and far between. And yet--I have found my prince and would love for you to meet him. He has done more than any fairy tale prince has ever done--more than just find a glass slipper, climb up long golden hair, or give a kiss. He has laid down His life for me and for you. His name is Jesus. He is my Prince. The One whom I'm in love with. He's so beautiful...

That ties in to where we went today. A wedding! This is my first wedding to go to this year. A family friend, Jacob Donahue, was united in marriage with Crysti Eisenhower. The wedding wasn't as elaborate as some, but it was the first time I had really noticed a bride's eyes become sparkly and a groom swell up with pride at the sight of his soon-to-be-bride walking down the aisle.

I look forward to the day when my Groom will descend from heaven with a trumpet and He will claim His bride--the church.

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment