Saturday, November 03, 2007

Update: 2:30 pm

Yesterday was heart wrenching. Granny's off of sedation, and yesterday she was alert, responding, and aware of everything happening. When Paul and I went to her room, she was happy. We told her everything that had happened during the week (except things relating to her being in the hospital). Of course, she can't talk because the ventilator is still in her throat, but she uses gestures and can write on a piece of paper to communicate. When Paul offered to sing a song, she clapped meaning "I like that", but my dad warned not to sing since there were other patients in the next room. Then Granny motioned towards the door meaning, "You can close the door so they won't be bothered." We all laughed when she did that. It was so awesome! =) We couldn't close the door though since nurses come in and out all the time.

I tried making poetry for her on the spot which was pretty pathetic. Here's two examples:

"Roses are red
Violets are blue
You are so special
Just like me too"

"Peas porridge hot,
Peas porridge cold,
You are so special
That I am told"

The reason it was so heart wrenching, was because of how... alive she seemed. Yet the doctor says that on the inside her organs (especially the lungs) are failing. It's so sad. But I know:

God is there to wipe off every tear.
God is there to love when I despair.
God is there to hold on to when I fall.
God is there to comfort every broken heart.
God is there always.

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment