Saturday, July 07, 2007

The Rebelution Conference


Let no one look down upon your youth, but be an example to all the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith, in purity. --1 Timothy 4:12

In two weeks I’m headed off to attend the Rebelution Conference in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. So I thought that I’d write about why I personally am going.

All of the kids I grew up with from birth to the beginning of middle school are teenagers now. Unlike when we were little kids playing together, much of what I see now is rebellion, rebellion, and more rebellion in their attitudes. Sadly, that’s all too often true even in the
Christian ones. But, hey, that’s just normal…right?

Looking at the situation closer reveals the fact that the culture expects teenagers to be rebellious. For example, two days before my 13th birthday I was at the dentist’s office. After looking at my files he shook his head and said,
Uh, oh. It looks like you’re about to enter the ‘Terrible Teens’. What’s sobering is the fact that I could so easily live up (or is that live down?) to his expectations. But by the grace of God I don't want to follow that path.

As I consider the alternative to the low expectations our world has for young people, I look at fellow Rebelutionaries who are doing hard things and refusing to be defined by the world...and are turning the culture’s view of teenagers upside down. That’s what I yearn to do so I’m going to the Rebelution Conference because I believe it will:

  • Teach how to adopt the mindset behind it all
  • Equip us to effectively Do Hard Things
  • Connect like-minded Rebelutionaries
  • Inspire teens to change our generation

All of us who are attending would love to see you there! Check out the Rebelution website at www.therebelution.com and be sure to look at their award winning blog as well as their excellent resources.

~Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment